Saturday, October 15, 2011

DAy 15 of Love

Today's Challenge:

In what areas are your expectations for your husband unrealistic and possibly smothering him? Ask God to reveal them to you, then surrender those expectations to Him. This week, I challenge you to look for the good things in your husband – then tell him about them! And when he falls short? Extend grace.

Wow! Me smother???? Never!  I have NO IDEA why my grown-up kids call me "Smother", really I don't! 
OK, so getting real with the Lord. there might be a possibility that I, maybe, might smother my husband. But I have an excuse, really I do, and it's a good one! You see, 2 weeks after we were married Google and I moved to China all on our own. We were the only westerners around and the only native English speakers. Not only that but we worked together at the same school. so basically we spent All our time together for the first 3 years of our marriage.


Now Google has his own company he spends alot of time in business meetings and weeks on end in Africa. HATE IT! It is so lonely for me at times. I have really no friends here in Thailand because people tend to come for one or two years then leave. So my husband is the only other adult I have to converse with,  I know I am so demanding of his attention and he is so good about it, but I really need to change.  
I realize that after losing so many friends, I have a problem with meeting people, so today I am taking it to the Lord. Jehovah I pray that you can help me to open up and starting making friends again so that my poor husband is no longer burdened with trying to be my constant companion, and being dragged to chick flicks all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment