Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 14 of Love

Today's Challenge:

Think back to when you met your husband. Remember what it was about him that made him the man of your dreams. Tell him at least one thing that makes him still that man.

Have I told you that my husband is a nerd?  Really, I am not even joking. The first road trip we took together we had no car radio, so he sang to me. 4 hours of "YA YA YA Yoda"  and every other star wars song he could think of . I knew all the words.
The first time I went to his apartment I was looking for tissue in the linen closet and there at the top was a Klingon mask. I guess I should have know right there that life with this man was  NOT going to be typical.  Google is 100% the opposite of any guy that I would have considered "my type"  but obviously God knows me way better than I know my self, because in this silly geeky guy I have found my true love. No, he may not be able to dance, and lordy, he don't even own a pair of wranglers. But he looks pretty cute to me is that big ol' Klingon head.
God has gifted me a guy who is probably just as weird as I am, and balances me out perfectly. It's easy to get annoyed with his ramblings about things I have no idea or interest in, but maybe I need to cut the guys some slack and remember that it was that weird, nerdy big brain that attracted me to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment